The program is for intellectually or developmentally disabled individuals who select Prestera Center to provide their services as part of the Medicaid Waiver program. Services include: service coordination, respite care, person centered support services, therapeutic consultant/positive behavior support, nursing services, day habilitation services vocational services, supported employment services and transportation services.
The program provides training in new skill areas in order to improve the quality of life and enhance independence.
The goal of day habilitation or day treatment is to model, coach, and train consumers to learn or regain skills they have lost. Individuals work on skill deficits through specific plans executed in a structured routine.
Family and Community Support Services
The Prestera Center Family Support Program is part of a statewide program passed by legislation in March 1991. It is a program designed to assist families with a member with a qualified developmental disability living in their natural home. Family Support was created as a last resort to assist when other resources and programs are not available. The Family Support Program is available regardless of income or the age of the person with a disability.
Any family who resides in Boone, Cabell, Clay, Kanawha, Lincoln, Logan, Mason, Mingo, Putnam or Wayne Counties in WV and has a person living in their home that has a developmental disability may be eligible. The applicant must live with family members (no group homes or hospitals).
- Make sure ALL blanks are filled in on the application
- Only one item can be submitted on each application
- Only one application can be submitted per month
- All previous documentation must be submitted prior to this application
- Two written estimates must be attached to the application
- A current treatment plan, psychological, and/or doctor’s diagnosis are encouraged to be attached to the application